What are NHL special teams? Noun. (ice hockey) A group of ice hockey players most often used during power plays consisting of more defensive players than usual on the team that was penalized in hopes of killing the penalty, or more offensive players than usual on the team with the advantage in players to increase the chance of scoring a goal.
What NHL team has the best power-play percentage?
- Edmonton Oilers (39.6 percent)
- Nashville Predators (28.9 percent)
- St. Louis Blues (28 percent)
- Anaheim Ducks (26.8 percent)
- Dallas Stars (26.7 percent)
Which NHL team has had the most power plays?
What team leads the NHL in power-play goals? The Montreal Canadiens have scored the most power-play goals by a team, with 4,530 scored.