How many NHL teams were there in 2017? The 2017–18 NHL season was the 101st season of operation (100th season of play) of the National Hockey League. With the addition of a new expansion team, the Vegas Golden Knights, 31 teams competed in an 82-game regular season.
Who was the worst NHL team in 2017?
- Dallas Stars. It’s been a frustrating road back to the playoffs for the Dallas Stars.
- Montreal Canadiens.
- Arizona Coyotes.
- Edmonton Oilers.
- Ottawa Senators.
- 3 Most Probable Teams to Sign John Klingberg.
What NHL team was added in 2017? The newest additions to the league are the Vegas Golden Knights in 2017 and the Seattle Kraken in 2021. The league has also relocated several franchises, most recently in 2011 when the former Atlanta Thrashers became the second and current incarnation of the Winnipeg Jets.
Who was the best NHL team in 2017?
- League Champion: Washington Capitals.
- Vezina Trophy: Pekka Rinne (42-13-4, 2.31 GAA)
- Calder Memorial Trophy: Mathew Barzal (22 G, 63 A, 85 P)
- Hart Memorial Trophy: Taylor Hall (39 G, 54 A, 93 P)
- Assists Leaders: Claude Giroux (68), Blake Wheeler (68)
- Points Leaders: Connor McDavid (108)